08 April 2011

thought it was over? there's moore.



I figured I'd pretty much exhausted the whole Ô Château conversation last week with that post on the concept of Greatness in wine. But now omnipresent Paris lecher / blog superstar Adrian Moore has saddled the dead horse, armed with a persuasive counterargument.* 

* He appears also to have posted the same bon mot in the comments section of the relevant article - but anonymously. Why on earth would you say something anonymously and then say it again on an attributed Twitter feed? I can only assume that when the sentiment first occurred to him, he found it somewhat risky, and dared only post it anonymously; but, upon seeing it published, he was seduced by the genius of his argument, and grew bolder.  

7 comments:

  1. The one argument I can make for this Moore jerkstore is his name IS Adrian, which I support for reasons you now know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... I was hoping your were going to blog about the De Moors in Chablis... My wine obsession continues...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do these two not get that they only make themselves look like complete douches? I had no interest in O Château, then I read some bad reviews and decided I wouldn't be going. Then Magny came along and humiliated himself on here ("nemesis"? Seriously?) and now I can't stop talking smack about it to anyone who will listen ("Did you read what the owner wrote...") and recommending this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coolness, so that's why the prices are so high.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for the free publicity! I reckon we can continue the circle jerk ad infinitum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Todd: your secret is out.

    @Laura: i already have! and might again soon... i hear their late harvest aligoté bottling "reversibilité" will soon arrive in paris. a worthwhile obsession.

    @Adrian: you can't play the "free pub" card, dude. you were the one who originally linked to this blog. also, you have a great deal more audience than me. thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All in good fun my friend. Perhaps we'll share a few glasses one day and you can educate me

    ReplyDelete